Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Average Day in the Life of an Average Will

  I started school this week.  As you can imagine, it's a little different than Grace College and Theological Seminary.  For starters, I live an hour away from campus by bus.  In general that's not a problem because on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays I don't have to be at school until 1 o'clock in the afternoon.  But on Fridays I have to be at school at 9:40 and Wednesdays at 8:00 am!  That's a problem.
  As of now, I'm taking 4 classes here, all in Spanish.  Three of them are classes in the international student program and one class with Argentine students.  The international classes are Latin American History in the 20th Century, Argentine Political Economy, and a lit class that is a study of Latin American cities with Buenos Aires as the model.  The regular class that I am taking is called Theory and Practice of Communication part 2.  Down here, there aren't any electives for regular students.  For each major, there is a set schedule that you follow every year.  So, I inserted myself into a group of communication majors that have already been together for a semester. (We are in second semester down here, thus part 2).
  The professors here make me smile.  I have one professor who is classic a Argentine.  This means that he was placed on this earth to tell the world why Argentina is the best nation in the world.  On the other hand, I have a teacher that describes this country with words that I shan't repeat here.
  I'm also playing basketball with the university team.  We practice twice a week, and it's pretty informal: whoever shows, practices.  And the coach picks who plays in the games.  Our first game is August 27th.
  I don't know what you all want to hear about, so let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment