Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Streetwise

   Most of you who know me, know how I get to knew places.  For me, every place is like island of Tortuga from Pirates of the Caribbean. If I haven't been there before, I can't find it.  In the past week, I've had two adventures trying to get to knew places.
  Last Thursday, I was going to a concert at the Christian Book Fair.  My friend's band Remake was playing.  I couldn't decide how I was going to get there.  I didn't want to take two busses, so I figured I'd just walk a little bit.  My impatient walking turned into almost 4 miles.  I still ended up taking two busses, and I was gonna be late.  I was starting to relax because I was getting close, but as the bus was turning, we all heard a SCRAAAAPE!! Ah darn, you know what that means... The little pickup that was also turning had scraped the inside edge of the bus.  So, after the yelling, insulting, and information swapping, we moved on.  I arrived about an hour late and saw the band play to songs, then they were done.  I was disappointed until they told me that they had only played four songs.
  Then yesterday, I was going to play basketball and was faced with the same situation.  Well, I decided to take two busses, but I ended up walking the wrong direction while switching busses.  Oh, and did I mention that it was pouring down rain?  After a few more direction changes and frustration. So, by the time I got to the place, they were almost done playing.  On top of that the lady at the front desk said that that wasn't the right place, so I wandered around in the rain, asking until I finally was directed back to where I went first. So, I got to play basketball for 20 minutes instead  of for an hour and a half...

   There are times that I think to myself, "I hate this city..."  But, that's not true.  What I hate is trying to find my way to unknown places.  The streets here don't run north and south, and I often don't know which direction I'm walking.  But, all's well that ends.

 19860319

I don't often get lost, but I do have trouble getting from point A to point B...

No comments:

Post a Comment