Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's been about a month...

  It's been about a month, for a lot of things.  February 2012 has been one of the most distinctive months of my life thus far, for the following reasons:
  -I've been in the country of France since February 1st.
  -I've officially had a girlfriend since January 29th.
  -I've literally not been a teenager since January 22nd.
Needless to say, each of these things has a boatload of implications.  I'm not entirely sure what they all are, and I am obviously not going to share them all with you.  Interestingly enough, I have had a constant in my life that does not change, and that is my Savior.  He's the same no matter where I am, who I'm with, or what I do.  These big changes in my life are significant, but the things the Lord has been teaching me don't vary.
  Before leaving Indiana, several times, the importance of sharing the Gospel seemed to come to my attention through many different ways (different speakers/preachers, books, and the Bible).  I realized that evangelism needs to be a lifestyle.  (Not that I didn't know that before, but I seem to forget it.)  When I arrived in France, evangelism was again an important theme.  I say "again," but perhaps I should say "still."  Relational evangelism is a crucial part of the Christian life in any culture.  Obviously, the specifics will look different in different parts of the world, but the concept remains the same.
  The Lord has been teaching me about many things about relational evangelism, especially since I began college.  Sadly, I can't say that I have mastered the art.  (I also don't believe that's an art that one can master.) But, I do believe that I have taken steps in the right direction.  Study abroad has put me in situations where it is necessary.  Living in the Grace College bubble is conducive to a different kind of spiritual growth not always found in the real world, that I have been confronted with while away.

No comments:

Post a Comment