Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yes, I am alive.

 Hello blogland.
Just thought I'd let you all know that I am alive, in case some of you were wondering.  I realized that perhaps I needed to update a blog when Grandma had to write another email because I hadn't written back in several days.... (Oops)
Amber took this candid photo
Too cool not to share.
The cathedral in the background is Notre Dame. 
  So a quick peak at the life of Will:
  School is in full swing, and I had my first midterm yesterday.  I felt confident when I finished (that's never a good sign).  I'll probably get some results tomorrow.
  Elizabeth, Amber, and I went to Paris on Friday to see the GoEncounter team from Grace.  We spent most the day with them, but did some site-seeing on our own.  We took the cheap train so we had a fixed return time, and that lead to the three of us running from metro to metro in order to catch our train back to Dijon.  Praise the Lord, we made it, with about 2 minutes to spare.  It was pretty miraculous because we didn't have to wait more than about 60 seconds at our various other boarding sites.
Liz, Amber, Prof Schram, and I on the Eiffel Tower

  
Last night, I finally went to intramural basketball.  The Lord worked things out so that I had everything I needed. (Medical exam, sports ID card).  It had been about 6 weeks since I had played basketball.  It was soo refreshing, and extremely exhausting.  It was neat to meet some students from Africa that were on my team.  
  The system was a little different from Grace's Intramural Program.  Tuesday nights are co-ed basketball.  About 60 students showed up, then the coach had us split into 9 teams.  He then drew up a quick schedule which utilized all 3 courts and gave every team six 10 minute games.  I think I only sat out about 6 of those 60 minutes. Needless to say, I'm sore today.
 Well, that's all folks.  Hope your days are as blessed as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment