Sunday, June 5, 2011

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread

Matthew 6:11 "Give us this day our daily bread."
    This is a part of the Lord's Prayer that never really meant a whole lot to me. I'm thinking daily bread=daily food, right?  So basically, "Lord, please feed me today."  
  My family here uses the "Our Daily Bread" devotional booklets.  I saw them and said, "Neat," and thought nothing more of it. But the cultural significance is a little deeper in Argentina than in the States. 
  However, here, we don't buy loaves of bread like in the States.  Someone has to go the store, everyday, to buy fresh bread.  Because, yesterday's bread is not very good, but it's eatable.  The day before yesterday's bread is stale and hard.  It's no good.  
   So, how does that relate to Jesus's "daily bread"?  Good question.  We need fresh spiritual food everyday.  It isn't going to be in the cupboard.
         I'll leave you with one more question: Have you been to the spiritual bread store today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment