Monday, June 20, 2011

Human Nature vs Christianity

  As I was riding in the car today with Pablo, we were listening to loud church music and singing at the top of our lungs.  While we were singing, I was thinking about the words of the song, "You are the King, You are the King, You are the King of my life..."  I thought, "Man, that's weird, the average human doesn't rejoice in being a subject of a King. (The only exception would be that the king is a really great king.)"  Another song talked about God's faithfulness.  Again I thought to myself, "Do we live like we believe what we sing? If say these words to God and mean them, then why do I live differently?"
  So, in a way, I'm just asking the question: Do you believe what you sing in church?  It's not hard to mean what you're singing, when you sing it.  But things get complicated when your out in the real world.
  Here are the lyrics to song we sang in church yesterday:

You don't have to look for anyone else, I want to go
Here is my time, here are my hours, 
Here am I
My life is yours and I want to invest it in you
Here are my hands, here is my voice, 
Here am I

For you Spanish speakers, it's called "Aquí Estoy Yo" by Jesús Adrian Romero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment